Bridgeport, CT 06604
Recovery Couseling Services & Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Recovery Counseling Services is a CARF-accredited and Department of Public Health-licensed clinic that provides outpatient treatment for substance abuse, mental health and problem gambling. We treat men and women ages 18 and up (clients ages 18-25 are referred first to Recovery Empowerment Counseling Center).
We offer IOP services (intensive outpatient), our highest level of care for clients coming out of inpatient programs and/or needing a higher level of care in individual, couple, family or group sessions that meet 3 times per week. We also offer OP services (outpatient), which is less intensive and also involves groups and/or individual, couple or family sessions once per week. Our focus of treatment is on co-occurring disorders using evidence-based best practice curricula with a trauma-informed, gender-specific and culturally sensitive-trained staff. We treat clients with a variety of psychiatric and substance abuse issues, as well as gambling and anger management problems.
Treatment is based on client-centered goals after a thorough assessment is completed at intake, and legal or mandated treatment is discussed. We also offer APRN (advanced practice registered nurse) services for clients with psychiatric disorders.
Integrated services include:
- On-site psychiatric evaluation and treatment services
- Referrals and linkages to detoxification, inpatient or residential services
- Education on the effects of psychiatric and substance use on the brain/body
- Crisis intervention
- Counseling for family members (upon request)
- Counseling for problem gambling, which may include individual therapy and related financial counseling
- HIV information and referral services to testing and counseling
- Alcohol screening by breathalyzer, and drug screening by urine analysis
- Transition to continuing care through comprehensive discharge planning