Bridgeport, CT 06605
Recovery Couseling Services & Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Recovery Counseling Services is a CARF-accredited and Department of Public Health-licensed clinic that provides outpatient treatment for substance abuse, mental health and problem gambling. We treat men and women ages 18 and up.
We offer IOP services (intensive outpatient), our highest level of care for clients coming out of inpatient programs and/or needing a higher level of care in individual, couple, family or group sessions that meet 3 times per week. We also offer OP services (outpatient), which is less intensive and also involves groups and/or individual, couple or family sessions once per week. Our focus of treatment is on co-occurring disorders using evidence-based best practice curricula with a trauma-informed, gender-specific and culturally sensitive-trained staff. We treat clients with a variety of psychiatric and substance abuse issues, as well as gambling and anger management problems.
Treatment is based on client-centered goals after a thorough assessment is completed at intake, and legal or mandated treatment is discussed. We also offer APRN (advanced practice registered nurse) services for clients with psychiatric disorders.
Integrated services include:
- On-site psychiatric evaluation and treatment services
- Referrals and linkages to detoxification, inpatient or residential services
- Education on the effects of psychiatric and substance use on the brain/body
- Crisis intervention
- Counseling for family members (upon request)
- Counseling for problem gambling, which may include individual therapy and related financial counseling
- HIV information and referral services to testing and counseling
- Alcohol screening by breathalyzer, and drug screening by urine analysis
- Transition to continuing care through comprehensive discharge planning